Sunday, October 30, 2016

Instructional Design Resources for the Comedic Social Media Influencer


As I ease on down the yellow brick road of instructional design and technology, I have selected a few resources to assist me on my journey.  The first is a comic strip blog, the next is a professional learning strategy newsletter, and lastly, I signed up for a course development software blog.  The three sources provide a foundation in my work as a comedic social media influencer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amZ7KDWLkiU).  An influencer is a personality that uses social media to promote products or services rather than traditional advertising.  Similar to Larreamendy-Joerns, Leinhardt findings referenced by Artino; “the increasing popularity of online learning rather than classroom instruction.”  (Artino, 2008, p. 37).  Social influencers are the next big thing in advertising.


To be an affective comedic influencer, I must be funny so I enlisted some help from Andy Schmidt.  Andy founded the Comic Experience (www.comicexperience.com/blog).  He started the company in 2007 because there was no good source for comic strip training.  After working for Marvel Comics for five years, he went about developing classes that he wishes had been available when he started in the industry.  This website will be instrumental in developing multi-media presentations with a comic book twist.  As a social influencer, differentiation separates the winners from losers.


When I wake up in the morning from my dreams of winning, I venture out into the world, and see every stimulus as a learning opportunity; from commercials, billboards, labels, phone calls, door knocks, and pieces of mail.  To facilitate my engagement capability I found a multimedia resource that focuses on the transfer of learning opportunities in the workplace called the Chief Learning Officer  (www.clomedia.com ).  The publication provides a plethora of resources designed to facilitate learning which is the key element in achieving my influence goals.   It is my intent to sift through the best practices and identify those that are compatible with entertaining and enlightening social media viewers.  This resource will allow me to stay current in learning technology and trends.


The final missing element in my instructional design development was a blog that allowed me to combine the learning transfer resources and the comic strip training together into short learning modules.  The blog published by a company called Articulate provides learning software based on simplicity in building great courses (www.blogs.articulate.com/rapid-elearning/).  This blog will allow me access to e-learning software options for social media video.  I view social influencing as an opportunity for my audience to learn and for me to provide that learning quickly.  The tools to help me compete in the online environment come together on this blog.

 

  

References

No comments:

Post a Comment